Monday, February 6, 2012

BRAIN WASHING AND POWER OF BELIEF


Part 1
Amazing power or our brain.
The human brain is an amazing and powerful organ. It controls and monitors everything we do. For some, it is more powerful in a specific area; these people are called gifted or geniuses and sometimes afflicted. For most of us however, our area of expertise falls somewhere in the middle of normal, whatever that is. I think mine falls close to the bottom in all areas. Watch this video about the human camera. It's astounding almost to the point of being unbelievable. It makes one wonder what we could accomplish if everyone had one outstanding trait similar to this one. I believe this could happen through selective breeding. Oh heavens, that's so immoral. Maybe after a few more million years, we might accomplish this through evolution. What's wrong with giving it a little nudge. Don't laugh, what would a Neanderthal think if he wandered into present day New York City? We would be as gods to him.
Note of interest.
Full blooded, as we hicks call it, Neanderthals existed successfully for hundreds of thousands of years. We Homos came along, started messing around with their daughters, and they slowly disappeared. They very well may have been the first species we helped eradicate.
Our mind (the center of consciousness that generates thoughts, feelings, ideas, and perceptions, and stores knowledge and memories; the capacity to think, understand, and reason) dwells in our brain, for most of us, anyway. I could mention other places, but I'll leave that to your imagination. We are learning more and more about this fantastic organ every day.
No matter what it is and how ridicules it seems, there are some who can be persuaded to believe anything as a fact. All that is required is willingness and a little faith. Once one is convinced the moon is made of cheese, it's all but impossible to sway them from their new found belief. I remember when man landed on the moon. There were people that believed it was a hoax. Being the low-grade hick that I am, I even knew a few. It would not surprise me if there are some that still exist somewhere out there in la-la land. This is the opposite of what I'm trying to get across, but it shows that it works both ways.
The mythical they say the average brain weighs 3 pounds or about 3 percent of our body weight. I don't believe that. Using these figures means my brain should weigh 4.95 pounds. Either I'm reading my scales wrong or this info sucks. What about overweight people, Does their brain grow in proportion to their weight? After I had my last MIR, I asked my Doctor if my brain looked okay. He told me it was shrinking, but that was normal for old people. I asked him what filled in the empty space. He said fat. Now I have to do mental exercises to work the fat out of my head as well as working my muscles to keep the fat out on them. What do I have to do to get it out of my paunchy gut?
They also say the brain uses 20 percent of our body's energy. Does that mean I'm starving my brain because I set around all day, which requires little body energy, while I work the hell out of my brain writhing these dumb articles? Hey, I might be on to something here.
Thought reform/brainwashing definitions:
thought(an idea, plan, conception, or opinion produced by mental activity.)
reform(to adopt a more acceptable way of life and mode of behavior, or persuade or force somebody else to do so.) What is a more acceptable way of life or mode of behavior? This is where a problem begins to raise its ugly head.
brainwashing(1. to induce somebody to believe or do something, (2. to impose a set of usually political or religious beliefs on somebody by the use of various coercive methods of indoctrination, including destruction of the victim's prior beliefs.) The are dictionary definitions, not mine.
They both sound much the same, which, is to force someone to change their perceived wrong beliefs and accept a new set of right beliefs or behaviors. Of course, right or wrong is a matter of opinion, and, everybody thinks their opinion is best for everyone.
Who uses these tactics these days?
Well my friends, just about everybody does, from preschool teachers to our top government officials, from police officials to our armed services, from religious sects to major religious denominations all over the world, especially religious leaders. And they do it knowingly with well thought out and deliberate plans. Of course, they don't let their victims know what they are doing. The whole process is underhanded and deceptive. It may take a few minutes or a few years, but it happens and the poor slobs being reprogrammed don't realize what's happening.
They use some of the same tactics as the Chinese used during the Korean War when they convinced our captured troops they were doing wrong to the extent that some willingly remained in their country after the war was over.
Have you ever thought of advertisers as using brainwashing tactics? Adds are before us 24/7. Everywhere we go, everywhere we look advertisements are in our face and in our ears, on the radio, on the television, giant billboards and miniature billboards. You cannot read a magazine or a newspaper without stumbling over a multitude of ads. Some are so full of ads it's hard to find the article you wanted to read. Every week I pick up and throw into the trash an ads bundle, larger than the Sunday edition of the newspaper that I neither wanted nor asked for.
The average person in the U.S. who watches television is mesmerized by over 25,000 commercials each year. How many times have you been so engrossed in watching a program and suddenly you were three quarters of the way through a commercial before you woke up and realized it wasn't part of your program? These are clever fellows, I'm telling you. They are entertaining us rather than feeding us information about their product. They are enticing us into a way of life instead of giving us facts about their product. It's enough to make you want to puke.
I refuse to watch regular air born or cabled television, because of ads interrupting my programs and screwing with my mind. I canceled my subscriptions, bought a gadget that hooks my TV to my computer and subscribed to an online site that has thousands of movies and series and I watch what I want when I want all without a single $&@* advertisement. I only listen to the radio for company when I'm alone in my car, while I concentrate on driving. These days, it takes a lot of concentration just keeping out of the way of those crazies on the highway.
The World Wide Web is full of ads anymore. It's hard to find a webpage without first trudging through a flood of ads. Even watching videos is difficult without having to first watch a commercial attached to it. Google even puts ads in my dumb emails.
We try to ignore these intrusions, but they linger in our subconscious. Unless we consciously reach for our favorite product while shopping, we unconsciously grab the one the ads have beaten into our numbed brain.
We are as sheep that blindly and obediently follow our advertising Sheppard, subdued by the ads so cleverly embedded into our noggins.
More specifics coming in Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment