Thursday, November 22, 2012

A NOT SO HAPPY THANKSGIVING


Needy Airmen to Receive Free Turkeys for Christ
I was not going to write about Thanksgiving Day until I read this article this morning. I think it's a god damn shame and disgrace this world-leading country, the United States of America, cannot see fit to pay its military members a decent wage. I guess our Representatives are too busy figuring new ways to increase their own wealth to worry about peons who put their lives on the line while these same fat hogs in Washington lounge around smoking cigars and sipping brandy
I think back to the early sixties when I married and began my family. I was in the middle of the enlisted ranks, and my pay was below the poverty level. As I rose in rank, my family grew also. Throughout my military career, I never made enough to pay any income tax, and I always had a second job or ran a small business on the side. Having five kids contributed a lot to not having to pay taxes, and I never got above the poverty level.
The point I am trying to get across is, the US Government just does not give a damn about its military members. It pays them peanuts, and military members are the first in line to get no raises/have their pay frozen and have their paydays altered to boost taxes revenue for a short period. I am sorry to say, it is damn hard for this retired military man to love and respect this grand country to which he dedicated twenty years of his life. Yet he would do it again if need be.
What does all this have to do with airmen receiving free turkeys? Well, it just burns my butt how this law breaking, hypocritical, racist; supposedly religious group tries pull a fast one in the dame of God. This anal group is what makes it hard for legitimate religions. Thanks again for tolerating my rant.
Have a happy turkey day. This has to be an oxymoron. As for me, I am cooking a veggieducken. Here is the recipe ,It's an all vegetable dish, and having no sugar added sweet potato, and cherry pies. Thanks once again and have a pleasant day. Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment