Sunday, November 11, 2012

Election results tickled my pink



I'm so excited about the outcome of this election I nearly wet my pants. Not about the presidential part, i.e., I felt sure our flap-eared President would win out and serve his final term. This is, most always, a sure thing. I believe this is because we are resistant to change. We know what the old-boy is and we are never sure about the new one. I feel certain this will continue until we vote in a change that a president can only serve one term.
If we could only make that change for our other governmental representatives, that too, will be a long time coming as long as they are the ones voting on it. Wouldn't it be lovely if we all could decide on how much we were paid? And, they surly know how to thank our military fighting forces by how much and how often they don't get a pay raise. They are a bunch of thick-skinned S.O.Bs up there. I can't see how they are able to show their faces at times. I take that back. I do see how they do it. It's in their nature. It's a requirement for their position.
What I liked about the results
I am tickled our state of Florida voted down amendments 5, 6 and 8. See what happens when WE THE PEOPLE get to decide on issues our representatives try to shove down our throats using double talk and language a college professor would find hard to decipher.
What excited me more was, two states, Washington and Colorado, passed amendments legalizing the use of pot. This was a welcomed surprise. Another, Massachusetts, passed an amendment allowing medicinal use of pot. I think this is a giant step forward in braking up our WAR ON POT. I have no doubt our big-footed feds will be stomping all over these states as they continue beating down those that already allow marijuana for medicinal use.
Puerto Rico is coming closer to being our 51st state. I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or not. I don't know enough about it to make an educated statement.
To top it off, I didn't even vote this time.
My wife and I thought it was a good idea at first. She works a lot and sometimes doesn't get home in time to vote. After our third trip to vote during the week, we were disgusted at fighting the crowd and finding a parking place. We didn't even vote. Maybe we will vote absentee next time. I don't know what they were trying to accomplish this time, but I don't think they were doing it for our benefit.
That's it. I better go clean myself up now. Thanks and have a pleasant day. Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment