Tuesday, December 14, 2010

SEARCHING FOR THE TRUTH, IS THE BIBLE FICTION OR FACT


SEARCHING FOR THE TRUTH
IS THE BIBLE FICTION OR FACT

While searching for more truth on whether the Bible is fiction or fact, I stumbled on something else that surprised me.
My bubble has been busticated, my steam valve opened, my whole soul deflated into a puddle of sap beneath the soles of my feet. And yet, I’m overjoyed. For the past few months, I’ve been researching and writing about my latest passion. Religion and my renouncing of it. This morning I came across an article written 114 years ago expressing all that I want to write about, and pretty much, how I want to say it.
If I believed in reincarnation, I would say I’m this gentleman’s reincarnate. He had all the same ideas, all the same feelings and a religion history as I have. Only one item proved to dispel my reincarnation theory. He was a lawyer, and as most who know me will attest,  I have a strong dislike for lawyers. I could never have been one nor could I ever in any future life be one. But he was an Agnostic as am I.
His Name was Robert Green Ingersoll. Back in 1896, he wrote an article,  Why am I an Agnostic. It is quite an extensive article and it took me all morning to read it and check out a few things.
I cannot believe these things were known that long ago and not have been expounded on. Maybe they were and I just never noticed them. I know they were the things that kept me from becoming a blind faith believer. In fact they drove me from it.
What do I do now? I have a lot of time invested in this project, and I hate being wasteful. Time is one of my treasured commodities. I fear I don’t have much of it left.
Have you ever seen a church sign with this on it. YOU CANNOT FIND EVERYTHING ON GOOGLE, or words to that effect. Big smile. These poor blind sheep. I really do hate to denigrate another’s beliefs. However, this brings me to something else I’ve noticed on the religious programs I monitor. My religious brethren are now accepting the big bang theory as created by the hand of God, and yes, He also had His hands in the long evolution period of mankind. This too brought a smile to my face. I think they are running scared.
And again, man meddles with their god’s infallible  words. I’m finished. . .  No. I’m not. You can’t have it both ways people.

No comments:

Post a Comment